Saturday, February 11, 2006

Cream Cheese Score

I now have four practically free boxes of cream cheese in my freezer. How, you may ask? While at the grocery store today, I saw many boxes on "managers special" (about to expire) for .20 cents each. I had a coupon for .30 cents, which they doubled to .60 cents. So I got 2 lbs of cream cheese for .20 cents. You can't beat that!

I've been advised to ask managers when they put out these special priced things, or what days the meat gets marked down, etc, but I'm far too shy to do that. Maybe someday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW cream cheese freezes very well. So if you can't use it all before the date, just throw it in the freezer.

Anonymous said...

Very true! I once bought a case of cream cheese, but they were a dollar each.

Mom2fur said...

I never knew you could freeze cream cheese.

Regarding dates they change prices...maybe they do it at about the same time each week or month. Try checking a month from the date you found the cream cheese and see...or check the same day of the week, next week.

Mom2fur

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky. My store won't honor any coupon that is greater than the price of the product and they never double coupons.

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it! I just moved from a place that did not have double coupons- it really does make a difference!