Monday, February 20, 2006

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Hey- I figured out how to post pictures! WOO HOO!

Don't forget to check out the dented can goods bin at the grocery store! Usually, it is hidden in some inconspicuous corner, and you have to be sure to check every time. Sometimes there's something good, sometimes not. From the dented cans section I got the Tide (Free after I used my .50 cent coupon), the tomatoes (small dent), the graham crackers, pecans, and the applesauce for my husband's lunch. That four pound chicken was on sale. The cheese was on sale and I had a coupon. The two bottles of hot sauce were free after double coupons. The nut can is pretty dented, but who can argue with super cheap pecans? All this cost a mere 10.95, including tax. Sweet. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch for major discounts when a product undergoes "new" changes - I've picked up packages of cereal, crackers, etc.for about 1/4 the retail price when the packaging changed. Also, ask when clearances occur - some store staff is more knowledgable than others, so ask more than one person.

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Yeah pictures~I'll try to figure that out myself when I get home from visiting my sister :) I still owe everyone a shot of my pantry.

Anonymous said...

Watch out for cans that look "inflated" instead of dented. This could mean that there is bacteria growing in the can that produced oxygen, causing the can to puff up. Dont buy that can no matter how cheap.