Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Frugal Home Tour

Take a tour of my frugal home, with the wonders of the digital camera and Flickr! I only have a few pictures up now, but there will be more throughout the day. Be sure to run your mouse over the boxes on the photos. I have added notes to each and there is a description under each photo that explains why that particular thing is frugal. Enjoy!

Update: I have posted more pictures!

If you would like to give a tour of your frugal home, leave a message in the comments and I will link you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat idea! And looking at the pics reminded me of one of the things I like best about an intentionally frugal life. Your bowl of fruit looks so nice and inviting, both attractive and nutritious (in addition to being frugal) and I think the intentionally frugal person makes a point of finding and displaying these things to good advantage. A more "spendy" person might just toss the fruit into a drawer in the 'fridge, unseen and sometimes uneaten in favor of more expensive (but likely less nutritious snacks). It's the difference between feeling deprived by lack of money and feeling very rich in the things that matter. I'm going to start watching the garage sales for a bowl I will love to see set out with fruit in it, also!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those nice pictures.

In regards to using just a small amount of detergent for washing your clothes, to clean your washer good and make it the soap suds up better, I run 1 large bottle of white vinegar and one box of baking soda through a wash cycle with hot water. If you have never done this you won't believe how diry your machine can be.

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

what a fun concept for a post! I love flickr :)

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

How cool! I really like seeing into other folk's lives.

And your house is WAY neater than mine. Then again, Buddy and Princess don't let me clean up much. . . Well, let me rephrase that. I clean constantly, it just never STAYS clean for more than a few minutes.

Julie @ Creating This Life said...

What a great idea! I enjoyed your frugal house tour.