Monday, October 23, 2006

More October Meuns

Here's our menu from our pantry for the past few days. My mother in law is visiting, and has kindly taken us out to dinner. She loves to eat out, and we took her to one of our favorite places in Wichita. All of the items that I made came from our pantry. The meatloaf was made from the free sausage I got in March, and marked down hamburger I bought awhile ago. The green beans were .28 cents at a sale, and the baked potatoes came from a cheap 10 pound bag I bought awhile ago. Baked potato soup is easy to make and a good way to use leftovers. I'm going to top it with sale bacon (10 dollars for a ten pound box, bought a month ago) and chives from the garden.

Saturday: (My mother in law was visiting and took us out. Very nice)

Sunday: Meatloaf, green beans, baked potatoes

Monday: Baked potato soup (with leftover baked potatoes from yesterday.)

2 comments:

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Jilly-

I did see that, and am thinking about it. I acutally already have several things, including shoes, that would work, but no longer have proof of what I spent on them.

Also off topic- today the New Beginnings Thrift store on Douglas and West is having a half off anniversery sale. I have good luck there, so if you shop thrift stores if may be worth a stop in!

Kathleen said...

Cool idea. It reminded me of how my favourite part of holidays away was just sitting around playing games with friends. I'm going to try this one at home!