Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bah Humbug!

Can I admit that I'm a little blah about Christmas this year? I did not even write a Christmas letter to include in my cards this year. I ordered gifts online close to the last chance to have delivered by Christmas date. (which I will do again! WOW, it was nice! And free shipping on orders over 25 dollars.) We put up the tree, but I have not baked Christmas cookies, or played the Christmas CD's, or pulled out my favorite Christmas movies.

My mom, the Christmas Queen, is like this right now too, so maybe I'm just feeling some psychic connection. I know this has nothing to do with frugality, but what do you do to get in the mood of the season? My mom and I could both use some help this year!

2 comments:

coppercorn said...

Drive around College Hill and look at all the Christmas lights! I live in Eastborough and we have some nice ones too - check out the Coleman house on Hampton Road just north of Douglas (and just east of Woodlawn) - they have approximately 1 gazillion tiny white lights illuminating every outside surface. Then go home and drink hot chocolate and eat Christmas cookies!
Alternately, I could lend you my six-year-old and she will come and dance all around your tree and sing, "It's Christmas, it's Christmas, it's Christmas."
Keep trying the Christmas movies, especially the "alternate" ones - I will argue that "Die Hard" is the best Christmas movie ever, but "The Sure Thing" is good too. And for more traditional ones, I like "Elf." Will Ferrell's line answering the phone: "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" has me and my husband rolling every year.
Jilly

Naomi Haverland said...

I just got your Christmas card- Thanks! But, yeah, a newsletter would have made it even more exciting!!