After puttering around Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart, I could not find any fabric that I liked for less than 3 dollars a yard. I was a bit bummed out. I was not going to have nice curtains like all the other ladies were making and showing on their blogs right now! I went home and resloved to be patient and to wait to see what I could find later on at yard sales and thrift stores and Freecycle. I frequently see fabric for next to nothing at all three of those sources, so I figured I could wait.
While I was fixing lunch, I had an epiphany. Um, I already had curtains. I've had them for years, and they had spent a lot of time getting dusty in a drawer, for someday. I usually don't keep things around, as I hate clutter, but these were one thing I had kept. I pulled them out, washed them, and hung them with curtain rods that the previous owner of the house had left in the utility room. Ta-Da, and it cost me nothing to do, except the gas I spent looking at fabric. When you want something, poke around your home- you may already have it!
1 comment:
I love using what I have
ypu saved $15 bucks :-)
Post a Comment