Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Guest Closet After Pics

It took the weekend, a lot of rearranging, and some Freecycling, but my closet is done and ready for company! I am no longer embarrassed by this closet. Now I just have to keep it up and get moving on the hall closet! Have a peek at the new improved guest closet:


There's so much more room!

Much better...you can see what is on the shelves!
Most of the animal stuff has been relocated to the garage. My husband's computer and office stuff is still here. Still trying to figure out what to do with the chessboard. I would have it framed or something, but he does actually use it sometime, so that's a no.

Look! Floor! And not covered in Timothy hay! (I have three guinea pigs and a rabbit- we go through a lot of hay at this house!)

Cleaned up shelves, restacked drawers. I also wiped down the drawers- the top one is stained, but considering they all got heavy use in college and have survived 7 moves, they are holding up quite well.


That cabinet holds my small E-bay items, stationary and other mailing supplies. The boxes in the corner are mostly my flat rate boxes for my E-bay sales. I decided that I would no longer keep boxes that I could not fold flat for storage.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I decided the same thing about shipping supplies. In fact, I think twice about buying something for Ebay unless it will fit into one of the flat rate Priority Mail boxes. Shipping costs are one less thing to think about when you write your listing.

People don't seem to blink an eye about paying $8 for shipping, especially when they know it comes in 2 days.

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

It looks great! I need to be equally inspired to work on cleaning up my disaster of a craft room. I might actually do more crafting if I clean things up a bit!

I really enjoy your blog. I've been following it for a few months now, but I've never commented before. Part of why I'm intrigued by your blog is because we're living similar lives. I, too, am a SAHW who substitute teaches on the side. We're trying to live frugally, as well.