Monday, May 14, 2007

What will you not budge on?

The Erratic Homemaker has an article on what name brand products she will not budge on, as she feels the generic is not as good as the name brand. I have a few of those myself. What are your weaknesses?

Mine are:

1. Coke. I almost never buy soda, but when I do, it must be real (and not diet!) Coke.

2.Clinique Dramatically Different facial moisturizer. Of course, this can be had far cheaper on E-bay than at the counter. Or if you have a sister who works at a department store who gets more free samples of such things than she can use. :)

3. Scott TP. I think other brands are softer, but with Scott I don't have to change the roll every single day. Every time I've gone to another brand, I always go back to Scott.

4. Dove antiperspirant. I will use other brands if I can't get this on sale, but I don't like to. I really do think the moisturizer in it helps. This is one thing that I generally stick to brands as well- Secret will keep me from sweating, but with Suave, I may as well rub a rock under my arms.

5. Fabreze Air Freshener and Fabreze Spray. makes the room smell wonderful, and it lasts! I also love the Yes, yes, I know. To be frugal I should be gently simmering apples and cinnamon on the stove to scent my home, but I really love Fabreze! I have bottles of it all over my house- in our bathrooms, in my car, in our animal room (we have three guinea pigs and a house rabbit), hidden in a basket in our living room- fabreze air freshnerFabreze spray- I spray down my curtains, my sofa, my car seats, my bedspread every week or so. I've tried generic brands. I've tried making my own. Nothing has satisfied me as much as Fabreze. I look for dollar off coupons
and stock up when one of the stores in Wichita does double dollar coupons.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the big roll by Walgreens. I too am a Scotts fan and buy the big roll when it is on sale.

Gena said...

Okay, Dove green tea deoderant, Northern toilet paper, Diet Coke with Lime (I'm a little addicted) and Dawn dishwashing liquid.

As for the Dawn - I've tried every cheap kind there is, but it doesn't work as well and I end up using more.

I love Dove deoderant - it doesn't leave white stuff and it smells so good, not to mention, it keeps me from sweating like a man here in Georgia.

There is nothing better than a Diet Coke with Lime - no Pepsi product, no generic, no nothing. I like mine just a little frozen.

Mary Ann said...

I'm very non-brand specific, but here are a few of the things that I prefer not to mess with:
-Brillo pads: I've tried the off-brand and don't like the smell.

-Kraft ranch dressing: I've tried making my own and I've tried store brands. So far Kraft is what I like the best.

-Scott toilet paper: I agree with you here!!!

-Hot Pockets: Even though we rarely buy these, when we do, the store brands are not as good.

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

Dr. Pepper.

I'm gonna have to try me some Dove deodorant, I see.