Keeping your kitchen clean may not sound much like a frugality tip, but it sure is, especally if you are out of your home a lot. I remembered the importance of keeping my kitchen clean this week, in my second week of working. Yesterday morning I left for work with the kitchen an awful mess. On Wednesday evening we had eaten quickly, left the dishes, and then stayed out late on at a function with a friend. When I came home from the function, I just could not deal with the mess. I was so tired that I simply went to bed, and left it for the next morning.
The next morning, I woke up late, left the bed unmade, and threw together a quick breakfast in my wreck of a kitchen. Since I had woken up late, I did not even have time to clean up my breakfast dishes, let alone lunch. I went and had a long, tiring day at work, then came home, took one look at the overflowing sink, grease spattered stove top, and flour covered counters, and suggested that we go out for supper.
No matter how tired you are, clean up your kitchen before you go to bed. It does not have to be showplace clean, but it is amazing how much a clean, fairly clutter free space helps you have motivation to cook. It was the thought of having to clean up, wash dishes to use, and then clean the kitchen up again after all this that helped $13 of my newly hard earned money end up at Jimmy John's on Thursday evening! Keeping your kitchen picked up can save you quite a bit over time!
For other Frugal Ideas, head over to Biblical Womanhood!
4 comments:
This is a very good tip. I agree 100% with what you are saying. I find it much easier to throw together a quick meal in a clean kitchen and save eating out.
That was one of my very first frugal things. I will cook if my kitchen is clean.
That's the best way. I can't stand to leave my kitchen and dining room table with clutter. It bugs me..
Nice blog..
Excellent Frugal Tip! Never thought of it that way! Great thought!
Post a Comment