Sunday, October 07, 2007

How Much It Cost Me To Work This Week

Clothes: $0. Doing good here!

Transportation: $20. This expense has raised for me.

Eating Out: $25. Wow. This has been a crazy week at work. The busy season is just starting, which means a pretty draining day followed by overtime. Of course, for some reason I did not make a menu last weekend, which pushed me over the edge. I had this hilarious idea that I could come home and plan dinner each night. HA! I would come home starving and cranky, stare at the frozen chicken in my freezer, and open a can of soup. Or head to Chipotle. Or pick up one of those chicken dinners at the supermarket. I knew that making a menu really helped us stay out of restaurants, and this week proved it.

Total This Week:
$45
Total Since Starting: $243.90

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I find this absolutely fascinating because in just a few short months, I will be returning to the work force as well! Thank you for your openness in your finances - it continues to give me hope!

Cate said...

I love your blog - you've made some really interesting points. I found you through your guest post at Frugal Upstate. I look forward to reading more!!

Elizabeth F. said...

Man, you were describing ME staring at the frozen chicken!! I am getting better at making a meal plan, a shopping list from that and staying on track with the budget, but it's hard!