Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Simple Pleasures

I've been becoming recommitted to simplicity the past few weeks. My husband and I love the Voluntary Simplicity movement, and often try to think of ways to make our lives more simple.

This week, I'm enjoying:

  • coming home to a already cooked meal, thanks to my trusty crock pot. It makes the house smell wonderful and gives me extra time to relax, rather than rushing to cook dinner the second I walk in the door.
  • A cup of hot tea and a good book from the library on a cool fall day
  • The smell of clean sheets
  • Walking with my husband and my dog, looking at the trees and their beautiful changing leaves
What are your favorite simple pleasures?

5 comments:

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

This is such a great list.

This year, I'm enjoying the time change-having it be light in the mornings when we get up, which makes it so much easier to get out of bed, and being able to get the kids in bed a bit earlier because its dark outside.

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Definitely clean sheets. The feel of a many times washed flannel shirt. The crisp fall weather that makes my children's cheeks ruddy.

I have to admit that I've missed your blog since you started working all the time... so I'm going to add reading my favorite blogs to the list.
I'm looking forward to seeing how much you've saved towards your wedding trip goal.

The Proverbs Wife said...

My simple pleasure is being a stay at home mom. What I mean by stay at home mom is that most of my days are at home rather than rushing around to get my children to every homeschool and extra curricular event on the planet.

Also not driving to 50 grocery stores to get the best deals.

Simply a stay AT HOME mom.

Anonymous said...

I think "country girl at heart" said it best! My simple pleasure is definately being a SAHM!

Susan said...

Every one of the things you posted gave me a cozy feeling! Simple is good! By the way, I'm a SAHM, too, and very blessed to be one.

~Susan

http://www.xanga.com/momtoH_VandJ