Meredith's posts about feeling frugally frumpy inspired me to take a look in the mirror.
GAH! I think we all get in those funks where we take care of everybody but ourselves. I'll admit that I do not usually wear that much make up, and jeans and t-shirts are my favorite attire, but that does not mean that I have to look sloppy!
Since I was off work today for MLK day, I made an appointment at the beauty college for an eyebrow wax. I could pluck them at home for free, but it is worth the seven dollars to have somebody else do it quickly.
When I got home from the salon, I put on some of my Clinique makeup samples that my sister gave me, then put on my best jeans and a freshly ironed shirt. It was hard not to feel just a little glamorous as I went about my usual grocery shopping! Frugal does not have to be frumpy, if we take a little time to spiff ourselves up.
2 comments:
I have been following Meredith's posts and I love them. I will admit that I have a hard time not being frumpy in the freezing cold Indiana weather, but I emerge from hibernation as soon as it warms up and I can wear fun skirts and blouses :)
Thank you for the great reminder!
Guilty as charged! I do this too; I get comfortable and forgetful. I could get up five minutes earlier and look half an hour's worth better, and I rarely do.
Post a Comment