Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Product Review: Senseo Coffee System

Have you seen these Senseo coffee makers? I've been seeing these cute coffee makers around and thought that they looked kind of neat, but at nearly 70 dollars each, it was not an item I was going to casually pick up and toss in my cart. Plus we already have a coffeemaker, so I could hardly justify buying a new one just because it looked cute.

I was so happy to get the oppurtunity to try one for review! (Want one too? Okay!)

It was pretty easy to set up. When I pulled out all the little items, plus the coffee pods, and the crazy filter thingI had a few second thoughts about it. Despite apperences, I was pleased to find it was really easy to set up. Put in the water, pop in the filter, put a cup under, and you're good to go! Since we are not huge coffee drinkers, being able to brew one or two cups at a time was very appealing!

The machine is a bit noisy at times. It has a motor in it, and while it was not crazy loud, it was kind of an odd sound to come out of a coffee maker. We got used it quickly, once we realized that the sound was normal.

The coffee was very rich and strong. It was almost too strong for my husband and I, but our roommate loves his coffee very strong and thought it was just right. (This is the same man who orders expresso beans from Italy- let me not understate his love of strong coffee!) They have many different flavors, so I'm sure that with time we'd find one perfect for us.

Do you want to try one? Go fill out this quick survey and you could be eligable to receive just what I did- the coffee maker, a tin pod holder, the pods, plus coupons! There is a $15 dollars shipping and handling fee, but that sure beats the $70 new price.

1 comment:

Teri H said...

I have one and I love it! The coffee is a bit strong, but I use only one pod and "brew" 2 cups of coffee... I'm assuming yours is like mine. It's still a bit strong, but add in a little flavored creamer and it's just right!