Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Morning Mention

Happy Monday everybody! Here's some articles I found interesting this week:

Momadvice talks about Thrift and Entertaining on Frugal Hacks. I'll admit that I've been this way to- in fact, this year we considered inviting out neighbors over for the Superbowl, but figured they would not want to watch it on our less that spectacular TV complete with rabbit ears. I bet they would not care, and I'm a bit ashamed that I let such a superficial thing get in the way of inviting others into my home, but there you go. It happens. Generally my frugality does not affect how I entertain my friends- they love me as I am- but when it comes to others I don't know as well, I sometimes hesitate a bit. You're not alone, Momadvice!

The Honest Dollar spells out 11 things that can trigger an IRS audit. Good to know!

Gather Little By Little has an excellent post on extravagant spending. Is it ever okay? I cringe when I see hard core luxury items on TV shows...but in some places, my fridge and running water is a hard core luxury. Very thought provoking post!


My Investing Blog talks about the 29 most frugal things he's ever done. It made me laugh- I have done a few of those myself, including wearing my shoes until they completely fall apart, picking up pennies, and using every last bit of toothpaste.

I Will Teach You to Be Rich asks "What's the best way to make more money?" There's many ways, but we also have to be careful that the "extra money" hobby/job does not become overly demanding and take over our life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I just discovered your blog--lots of very useful links.

I write a frugality/voluntary simplicity blog as well, and my husband and I achieved debt freedom last year, after 7 years of really hard work! Come on over and join our frugal friends group.

Keep up the good work!