Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday Morning Metion

Happy Monday! I'm leaving for Unnamed Exotic Location on Wednesday, so I was pleased to see several vacation related blogs at the Festival of Frugality!

Stop the Ride talks about low cost vacation plans.

Wise Bread discusses tips on sightseeing on the cheap. Checking the local tourism board has helped us in the past. They have the best coupons for local attractions!

Traveling Mamas have an entry up about seeing Santa Barbara for less. Since I'm going to a beach location, I found this a very interesting read. I have found that a lot of expensive places can be seen for less than you think as long as you plan carefully. We'll be testing that theory next week- check for updates when return!

This is not about travel, per se, but Not the Jet Set posted an interesting article on being Extravagantly Frugal. I do think people have this idea of frugality being boring, but it does not have to be so! I know that some of our home cooked meals rival restaurant meals that cost 5 times as much, and we don't spend our weekends collecting dryer lint for future use. Most people don't know that we're actively trying to be frugal unless they know us really well. You can't tell by looking at us unless you catch me with my coupons and manager markdowns at the grocery store.

While we're gone I'll be rerunning some of my most popular articles. When I return I'll be comparing my Ubercheap location to the reputed price insanity of the Unnamed (until we return) Exotic Location.

1 comment:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Thanks for the link love! Have a good trip!