
The weather has been really nice lately, which puts me in a traveling mood. When I want to take a vacation, but don't have the money or time to go, I take a short mental one. I start looking at travel sites and books and planning all the places I'd like to go someday. Today really makes me wish we were going to Europe again this year- there are so many places I'd like to see and stay at longer.
Last year we did not get to Paris for various train related reasons, and we also lost our $100 dollar a night reservation with no refund. Next time we hit up France, we'll have to research hotel prices a bit more deeply. According to this site, you can get rooms as low as $46. Not that we made it, but we can always tuck that information away for later.
The company I work for right now has offices in Italy, which is one of my favorite countries in the world. One of the guys I work with is there on a business trip right now! I can gain five pounds by even *thinking* of the delicious gelato we gorged on there. It was one of the first things I ate when we got into Rome last year- I remembered eating gelato as a child and I wanted to see if it tasted as good as my memory said. It did. It is unlikely that I'll get send to Rome on a business trip with the position I hold, but I can dream, right?
I have never been to Ireland, but it is on my list of "someday" travels. It just looks so beautiful. My best guy friend from high school took a bicycle tour through the country, and it made a lasting impression on him. He also said that drinking Guinness in Dublin was pretty exciting!
While I can't afford to jet off to London at a moment's notice, I do like checking out the deals available. Even if it is just a 'someday' thing, it can't hurt to dream and maybe even plan just a little bit. I totally took for granted my European childhood, and only wish I had been a bit older when I lived there. I do remember seeing Buckingham Palace when I was about 8- my sister's life ambition was to be a princess at that time. Sadly, neither of the princes were around to take notice of us, so we had to turn our attention to other dreams. :( Oh well.
Last year we did not get to Paris for various train related reasons, and we also lost our $100 dollar a night reservation with no refund. Next time we hit up France, we'll have to research hotel prices a bit more deeply. According to this site, you can get rooms as low as $46. Not that we made it, but we can always tuck that information away for later.
The company I work for right now has offices in Italy, which is one of my favorite countries in the world. One of the guys I work with is there on a business trip right now! I can gain five pounds by even *thinking* of the delicious gelato we gorged on there. It was one of the first things I ate when we got into Rome last year- I remembered eating gelato as a child and I wanted to see if it tasted as good as my memory said. It did. It is unlikely that I'll get send to Rome on a business trip with the position I hold, but I can dream, right?
I have never been to Ireland, but it is on my list of "someday" travels. It just looks so beautiful. My best guy friend from high school took a bicycle tour through the country, and it made a lasting impression on him. He also said that drinking Guinness in Dublin was pretty exciting!
While I can't afford to jet off to London at a moment's notice, I do like checking out the deals available. Even if it is just a 'someday' thing, it can't hurt to dream and maybe even plan just a little bit. I totally took for granted my European childhood, and only wish I had been a bit older when I lived there. I do remember seeing Buckingham Palace when I was about 8- my sister's life ambition was to be a princess at that time. Sadly, neither of the princes were around to take notice of us, so we had to turn our attention to other dreams. :( Oh well.
2 comments:
Wow, the mention of gelato was so overpowering, I left in the middle of reading your post to Google gelato places in the area. There's a weekend road trip in my future!
I've been feeling the need to daydream about trips lately, but I'm planning weekend roadtrips for the summer rather than overseas. I've only been in the Massachusetts for 4 years, so I'm still enjoying all the "tourist" things within an hour or two.
Amy, that's so funny! Enjoy your gelato- it's so delicious, isn't it?
Post a Comment