Wednesday, June 25, 2008

From the Freezer Thursday

Hi readers!

After mentioning that I am in the process of clearing out my freezer, I've gotten a lot of feedback from others who are in the process of doing the same thing. Maybe it's packed to the gills and the door won't shut. Maybe you're saving for something special and want to spend as little as possible on groceries. Maybe something unexpected has happened and you need to squeeze your pennies until they beg for mercy- whatever it is, you're going to love Thursdays at Frugal Homemaker Plus!

I am issuing a challenge/weekly series called From The Freezer Thursday. Starting next Thursday, July 3, I want to see what wonderful meals you have made with your random freezer, pantry stuff, garden surplus, fridge leftovers, etc. Write a blog post showing your creative meals and post it to my Mr. Linky for the world to see! This series will be running every Thursday from next Thursday on.

I want to encourage other people out there who look at their pantry and freezer and wonder what they are going to do with all that random food. I know I make some of the best meals with random stuff from my pantry and freezer- let's encourage each other and show others what amazing things you can do with the chicken in the bottom of your freezer and bargain salsa in the cupboard! Show off how you jazz up your random leftovers! What exactly are you doing with all that zucchini, anyway?

A few guidelines:

  • You do not have to actually eat your freezer creations on Thursday- it can be a post from another day in the week. It just must be a post about meals you make from your freezer/pantry/garden surplus etc and the linky will be up on Thursdays.
  • While the entire meal does not need to be from your surplus, be sure that at least a part of it is from your pantry/freezer stuff.
  • Bonus points if you post recipes.
  • Extra super bonus points if you post pictures.
  • Keep it family friendly- I'm not sure how you'd make a post about freezer finds non-family friendly, but you never know.
  • Link directly to the particular post, not just the blog.
  • I reserve the right to delete any link I deem inappropriate.

Put on your thinking caps and warm gloves and venture into those freezers! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the very first From the Freezer Thursday!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

How fun.....we are trying to do this more....

Amiyrah said...

This is right up my alley! I already have a few recipes that I would love to post on mr. linky. I come up with new, creative recipes just from staring into my freezer for a minute. Now that I see that you will be doing this challenge, i'll wait until thursdays to post the recipes. This is going to be too fun!

AudreyO said...

What a fun idea. My daughter left for camp on June 12th and I've been using up all that stuff she just couldn't live without. I am slowly getting my freezer back :)