Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Get out and VOTE!

Thanks for the image, FreeFoto.com!

If you live in the US and did not go vote early, get thee to the polls!

I do not talk about politics on this blog very often, as I don't want my personal political beliefs to distract from my primary topics- simplicity, frugality, and homemaking. That does not mean I am not super excited about this election in real life!

The first time I was able to vote for president was the 2000 Bush/Gore election. It was an exciting first election to be a part of, to say the least! Voting in that election really drove home to me how important a single vote really could be.

Now we're at a historic crossroads. More people seem to be voting this year than in a LONG time. More people are talking about it! I was teaching college courses during the Bush/Kerry election, and my students were none too excited about it. This year, most of my students actually CARE about the election. This is wonderful. This brings tears to my eyes.

No matter who wins, history is going to be made. No matter what happens, we've watched an incredible race that I am sure will not be soon forgotten. I am thrilled to be a part of that history. Be a part of history as well- get out and VOTE!

No comments: