As I've said, I try to avoid paper towels in general, in favor of resueable towels that I buy in bulk. I buy white ones so I can bleach the heck out of them if need be. But sometimes you have a mess that you really don't want to deal with using something reueable. Sometimes in mess is so yucky, you'd much rather use paper and throw it away and never think of it again.
Gentle readers, I had one of those messes recently.
A member of my household (not saying who!) was driving home one evening no so long ago with a tummy ache. They knew that not all was well, but thought that they could get home before surrendering to the illness that was consuming them. Unfortunately, we can't always control what our bodies do. Sometimes we're stuck in traffic on a bridge with no break down lane. Sometimes we don't have a handy trash bag. Sometimes we're feeling so miserable that we think the window has been rolled down when it hasn't.
Oh my. I don't have children and don't deal with vomit clean up very often. While children's tummy aches can be messy, and adult who does not make it to the bathroom (or at least the side of the road) creates a mess that you don't even want to *think* about. Trust me on this.
This mess was exact why I was thanking God that I had a single roll of Bounty Paper Towels
Do you use brand name paper towels? Do you notice a difference, or is it just me? Drop me a line in the comments.
4 comments:
Ditto on all of the above (well, maybe not the barf on a bridge part). I spend the big bucks for the "clothlike" paper towels because some messes? Can't sit and fester in the laundry basket until wash time.
Yep, I use Bounty. I am always trying generic brands and trying to figure out which items require name brands. Another thing that I cannot live without - Charmin Toliet Paper - ultra soft. I let my hubby have it when he bought a generic brand right after my daughter was born. You definitely need soft then!!
Yes, I completely agree with you! I am a store-brand maven, but there is simply no point in buying inferior paper towels or toilet paper for that matter.
You just use more! And it's so unsatisfactory...
I justify the expense by not using paper towels for much, just like you do.
Amy Dacyczyn actually did a test to show that people just use more single-ply toilet paper. So why not just give in and get the good, soft, comfy stuff?? :)
I don't buy the name brand but thankfully our store brand is pretty decent. Cheap paper towels suck and this is one of those cases where you really do get what you pay for.
Post a Comment