Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday: Swagbucks

Have you heard about Swagbucks yet?

I just recently read about them and I gotta say, it seems like it could be a great deal, especially if you do a lot of your shopping on Amazon or are a coffee drinker.

Swagbucks is a search engine that you earn points for using. It's super easy to sign up, does not require much information, and took me less than a minute. All you do is sign up, confirm that you signed up, and download a search bar. You can then earn "bucks" by using the searches or referring others to Swagbucks. That's it- easy peasy!

If you're doing searches anyway, it can add up Swagbucks gives you results from search engines like Google. You get three points just for signing up. After you earn 45 "bucks" you can redeem them for $5 gift card from Amazon. If you hold out until you have 50 "bucks" you get a $5 gift card from Starbucks. There are several other things you can redeem your bucks for at the Swagstore if you're not into Amazon or Starbucks.

While $5 bucks does not seem like a lot of money, it's really not such a bad deal for doing something that you do anyway. If you order gifts for Christmas off Amazon, it can put a nice little dent in your Christmas budget. Every little bit helps, especially if it does not take a lot of time and I can incorporate it into something that I already do. It works for me!

2 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

I just signed up yesterday and so far I have $5. I hope this is fruitful.

:)

Blessed said...

That sounds like a neat program - I'll have to check it out!

We're having a giveaway over at:
http://afrugalhousewife.com