Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Review: Fabreze Odor Eliminating Candles

It really is amazing to me how much scent can do. When I was a professional house cleaner, the emphasis was looking clean and smelling clean, not on actually being clean. We'd all like our house to be perfect all the time, but unless you're a housekeeping super hero, it is not going to happen. Sometimes we have to go with the look and smell factor.

When I'm pressed for time, I stick with the most basic of housekeeping duties. I find that as long as I keep junk from piling up on the surfaces (junk mail, I'm looking at you!), run a dust rag over the tables, keep the floor reasonably clear and vacuum, I'm fine. This takes me 15 minutes, tops. When I add a delicious scented candle or two, my husband wonders how I get so much other stuff done, when it looks to him that I've been cleaning all day!

It's no secret that I LOVE to use candles. Most people also know that I have an obsession with Fabreze, so when I saw the Fabreze Odor Eliminating Candles, I was stoked.

The candle seemed pricey to me, but I tried it. I've never been disappointed by a Fabreze product yet, and my candle supply was low. It was true with this product as well. The candle looks small, but the burn time is astounding. I burn my candles for at least an hour or two at a time. I've had this candle a month and it's still holding on.

It really does seem to keep the scent longer than my other candles, and their claims of "getting rid of odors" really does seem to be true. There is also a wide variety of scent choices, from vanilla, linen, apple and spice, evergreen and snow...I don't buy many name brands, but Fabreze is one that I go back to again and again.

I'll be watching for Fabreze candle sales now. I'll be using these coupons over the holiday for some "scent decorating" this year!

3 comments:

Amiyrah said...

don't know if you have a CVS near you, but febreeze items constantly go on sale there. Combined with coupons and their Extra Care Bucks that you get after each transaction, you can end up with lots of free febreeze items. I think I have about 3 of those candles you are talking about. And your right, they do smell heavenly!

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

I wish we had a CVS! I used to get good Fabreze deals from a store that would double dollar coupons, but then that store got bought out. *sad*

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Thanks for the info- I love candles too.