
Welcome to Bargain Meals of the Week! Since I've started doing these, I can hardly look at any grocery ad without calculating all the awesome, inexpensive meal possibilities! Here's a few ideas I got out of the Dillons ad this week.
Reasonably Good Deals:
Kroger Eggs .99 cents a dozen
Kroger Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breats $1.66/lb
Kroger Value Bacon $1.67 (12 oz)
Strawberries $1.88/lb
Fresh Express Salads $2.50 each
Two Meal Ideas:
Classic Breakfast- two eggs, two slices of bacon, and 1/4 lb of sliced strawberries! .90 cents each, or $3.60 for four people.
Salad with Chicken Strips- Take a bag 'o salad and add 1 lb of cooked, cubed chicken. Yum! Total: $4.16 I'm assuming that you have salad dressing on hand as a staple. Salad is incredibly versatile- you can add a lot more veggies without adding a lot of cost. Carrots are inexpensive, and look lovey grated on a salad.
What's going on at your local grocery store? Head on over to $5 Dinners to see!
Take control of your budget using a prepaid debit card from AchieveCard.com
2 comments:
Great ideas! Thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo
Love the chicken salad idea. We used to live in Phoenix and dinner salads were a staple, because of the heat!
Post a Comment