Thursday, April 23, 2009

Yard Sale Victory!

I keep a yard sale/thrift store list of things that I would really like to have, but don't need enough to pay full price (or even decent sale price) for.

I use the list for several reasons- it keeps me from going nuts buying "bargains" that I don't really need, it gives focus to my yard sale hunt, and it keeps my scatterbrained self from overlooking diamonds in the rough.

The best part of the list is that I don't often find the big wish items. I've had a few things on The List since I married. Finding one of the coveted items makes it so much sweeter!

Today's find has been on my list since 2004. I actually nearly did buy one during the whole $4 a gallon gas year, but I just could not shell out the cash for a new one.

*drumroll*



I've wanted one of these for years. I don't have children, but I do ride my bike a lot. I saw one of those one day and thought "Hmmmmm, that would be good for hauling groceries!" I keep an eye out ever since. The victory feeling alone is worth the $18 I handed over at the yard sale today!

5 comments:

SixintheMix said...

I love the wish list idea...great purchase! We have used our bike trailer for kids and for groceries, and you can haul quite a bit. Learn from us - the weight of the groceries can add up quickly, so you may want to add a little extra time for the return trip, especially if it's uphill!

Amy K. said...

Woohoo! That is a great deal, Congratulations!

My friends have a trailer like that and it converts into a stroller - the big wheels were great for a hiking trip we did on groomed, but not paved, trails.

Which is to say: It may be good for groceries, but it will also do in a pinch if you have friends visiting with kids.

DanielleS87 said...

I can't see the photo! :(

Stratton Family said...

You and my in laws must be similar. You should see their house. The past month or two they have been going garage sale CRAZY they have filled an ENTIRE room jam packed with toys for our daughter and future grandbabies- they must want us to get a move on making more.

I'm not good at saving money but you could read my post on how to blow money on my blog lol
http://mommyquest.blogspot.com/

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Oh, gosh! I thought you were about to make an announcement with that photo! LOL. Groceries! Just groceries. :-)

That's actually a really good idea!