I found this gem at a yard sale for a dollar. The unusual shape and size was perfect for my guestroom, but the shape it was in left a lot to be desired.

After:
Some wood putty and a few coats of paint later, it's like a new piece! I hope to find some cute drawer pulls, but one thing at a time!
I'm pleased with how it came out. I'll be keeping my eye out for other diamonds in the rough this yard sale season.
8 comments:
Lovely job! Don't forget to check Goodwill for drawer pulls--I found new-in-the-package Target drawer pulls just last week.
I love Anthropologie's drawer pulls - wild and fun :) Though pricey, they are often on clearance, and I've also had good luck finding unique pulls on etsy.
(I have a mild obsession with really cool drawer pulls!)
It's amazing what a little sandpaper and a coat of paint can do for a tired piece of furniture.
It looks like the room has somewhat of a beachy feel. At least that's the sense I get from the photo. Instead of replacing the drawer pulls, why not paint them an iridescent pink, blue, purple like color, and really make them shine like shells?
Unless, of course, the theme of the room is actually completely different!
You have some vision there! Nice job.
you could paint the pulls, too...
Oh, it looks great! When I refinished a dresser, I found fabulous drawer pulls on Ebay. I paid a fraction of what the pulls would have cost at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Great job! I haven't it up any yard sales yet this year, but you are giving me the itch!
i'd leave the drawer pulls...they have a very art deco look!
Post a Comment