I'm feeling a bit shabby these days.
Our yard sale/dumpster dived/gifted furniture is really starting to show its age, and our budget for new items is pretty much nonexistent.
When I feel dissatisfied with what I have, the solution is not heading to the nearest furniture outlet for all new things. While I'd love to go pick out all new furniture, it is not our financial priority right now. Today, I have to make do with what I have.
That does not mean I have to live in shabby surroundings. Just because you have limited resources does not mean you have to look like it!
I'm going to spend the next few weeks giving my home a much needed lift, and plan to share it all with you! :)
4 comments:
Catherine
I'm looking forward to your posts. How nice it will be to see the improvements you make in your home.
Thank you for sharing them.
Can't wait to see! I will be checking in to see your progress!! You have inspired me to do the same...
I agree with you about feeling a little shabby. I am starting by removing the kids toys from the living room again, then re-claiming my artwork I sent to my sister 2 years ago to help stage her now-sold house. I think this is a good start to getting my house back in shape!
Good luck to you. I'll be coming back to read about your frugal face-lift.
Andrea
I agree! We have moved so many times (14 in 10 years) and each time something has gotten damamged, not to mention our furniture is 10 years old now. I am sick of everything except our bed (headboard and footboard) and our daughter's bed. I have decide not to buy anything for the house until we eventually buy and then I want to get rid of almost everything and start fresh, decorating each room like I really want. That will take a lot of saving up to accomplish!
I look forward to reading what you are doing to spruce up your home in the coming weeks!
Post a Comment