The table is starting to look a bit worn, and the chairs are in desperate need of attention. The white covers and hopelessly stained, and the fabric is starting to tear on a couple of the chairs, revealing a lovely lime green pad. It's depressing to look at.
Luckily, recovering chairs is not as hard as it seems. You'll need fabric, a staple gun, and a screwdriver. I got this brown upholstery fabric off a clearance table at a local fabric store for $6.50. I did not even take off the old fabric or pad. I just stapled the new stuff right over it.
Not new- but still much better! Now if I could just talk my husband into letting me paint the table!
What makeovers have been going on in your home?
6 comments:
The chairs look great. May be you could stain the table instead?
I like the fabric; it looks like suede; very luxe!
If the table is solid wood, you could sand it to remove the old finish, then gently buff it with wax. Total cost for all supplies will be under 15$. That's how I gave new life to my old dining table, in addition to recovering the chairs as you did.
Looks great!
The chairs look great!! For what it's worth, I actually like the lighter wood complemented with the black...a few black accessories on the table like some black candle holders or ones you could paint black, one of those black asian inspired vases that can be found in the knick-knack section of almost any thrift store with some flowers makes a gorgeous centerpiece...maybe even some of the extra fabric from your chairs to sew up a quick runner...sorry so long but I LOVE THIS STUFF!!
The chairs look great. I will be using your idea to redo my chairs.
Thanks
megan
Things Mommies Love
How about a few brown table cloths you can usually get a tablecloth or two for pretty cheap if you look around at different discount stores or yard sales. If you can't find brown you could get white ones and dye them brown. Just a thought we use table cloths at our house because of children messes.
Post a Comment