Saturday, September 26, 2009

From the Freezer Meals

My freezers are stuffed with I don't know what. It's getting out of hand. I'm going to clean those suckers out and figure out some meals, preferably without buying anything! Let's see what comes out of my freezer over the next few weeks!

Tonight we're having pork roast. I threw a pork roast in the crockpot, slapped on come cumin, added a dash of cayenne pepper, and threw on some garlic. I chopped up some roasted green chilies I've had lurking around and tossed them on top for good measure. I added a cup of water and a bullion cube. I plan to shred it and serve it over brown rice, with a side of whatever frozen vegetable I pull out of the freezer. It is sure making my house smell good now!

What's lurking in your freezer?

4 comments:

Jessie Geroux said...

we did the same thing on Friday...man did it smell awesome and taste delicious (I served ours in whole wheat tortillas) I have a ton of foil wrapped mystery meat under a ton of lean cuisine meals..I say mystery but truthfully they are all labeled I just have to bend down in there and pull something out to read it..LOL

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Jesse, you're so right! I have tons of mystery meals hiding in my freezer- I just need to bend slightly to read the label! :) Stay tuned for future posts- I've been very inspired by my freezer mess lately!

Tracy said...

My tiny freezer is packed as well, I really can't fit one more thing in there! I would REALLY love to have a deep freeze.

momstheword said...

It sounds yummy! I have been known to lose a meal or two in our freezer. I'll be out there poking around and all of a sudden think "Oh, I forgot I stuck a casserole (or some soup) in here!"