Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Multitude Monday: Small Blessings #1-10

1. Driving lost and late to an appointment, I took a detour turn down an unexpectedly beautiful tree lined street. Calm!

2. Facing a fear of heights to go to the top of the capital dome with hilarious and awesome college friends- we were all scared, but urged each other- go on, go on! The view and fascinating graffiti was a beautiful reward.

3. Peaches sitting in the blue fruit bowl, waiting to be made into salsa.

4. A glass of ice water (with straw) after a hot, humid, walk. It was so delicious and refreshing, I had to close my eyes as I drank.

5. Upon seeing a weaving loom display: glad I live in the time and place of leisure time. I want to slow down and enjoy the simple, but I'm not eager to return to the time or live in a place where your very survival= constant labor.

6. Friends, fried chicken from the grocery store and a Super Mario Brother's 3 Marathon on our one and only gaming system- the original Nintindo my husband's had since elementary school.

7. Simple foods- onion soup on a rainy day, with a crust of browned cheese over homemade croutons.

8. The college roommate and her husband coming to visit- oh, how we laughed and laughed. We always laugh together, always have. Laughter is the soundtrack of our friendship.

9. Their precious 2 year old son, reminding us to stay in the now, reminding us by his presence that routines are important, to eat, to nap, to play.

10. More tomatoes, even though the weeds continue unabated.

Go here to read about Multitude Monday!

No comments: