Thursday, October 29, 2009

Make Your Own!

I have to tell you- I've been really inspired by this!

So far, I've made my own ketchup and ricotta. They were EASY, fairly quick, and I know exactly what is in them. We've been trying to eat better and become more aware of what is in our food, and making our own has been very helpful.

The ketchup was particularly great. We avoid high fructose corn syrup, so we've been buying organic ketchup. Organic is expensive, homemade is not.

What things have you been making?

3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

If you read my blog at all you will know I hae made my own ketcup for years. I also make my own relish and hot dog and hamburger buns. I grow my own garden of organic vegetables. The more you get into this the more wonderful it becomes. LOL

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Thanks for the link. I've got half gallons of milk bought on clearance that are starting to sour. Perfect for ricotta.

Dogfood Provider said...

She's amazing, isn't she? I'm glad I don't have to live like her, and I"m not sure I'd want to, but I really enjoy seeing how she does it.