Friday, November 06, 2009

Operation Christmas Child

I'm helping spread the word for Operation Christmas Child as part of my 30 Days of Giving. I've never done it before, but it seems like a great program! If you're a couponer/stopckpiler, this would be a GREAT and inexpensive charity to support. Even if you're not, it would be an inexpensive way to make a child's day. Check it out!

5 comments:

*Crystal* said...

I've read a lot about this charity the past few days. It is such a great way to give even if you don't have much to give this holiday season. Thanks for posting this so that it can reach others.

Confessions of a Stressed Out Mom said...

The youth at my church do this service project every year. Our church has now been designated a drop off location in the last 2 years. The youth have packed over 140 boxes. It's a great charity and we always get letters from those children that receive our boxes.

Barb J. said...

Last year we let each of the three kids pack a box. It's a great way to teach the kids about generosity, missions and other things while contributing to a great cause!

Anonymous said...

I did this for the first time last year with my little girls. They got to learn that there are children their own age that have so little while they have so much. Last year, we did it at the last minute but this year, as I find things for my girls, I am picking up a third or fourth great deal for the shoebox. It was incredible going to the drop off center and seeing rows of huge boxes filled with gifts for others.

I strongly support their efforts! Glad to see you spreading the word...

Maranda said...

My church has been doing this for about 4 years now and for the last 3 we have been a regional collection center for the boxes. It is an awesome ministry. People from our church had sent boxes and included a post card or envelope with postage paid so the reciever might send a letter back and they have actually gotten those cards back. Its very cool. :)