
Thanks carleyjane1!
This is my third year of keeping a "goals" list, and it REALLY has helped! It's exciting to see our progress in black and white on the page, and it encourages us to keep up the good fight.
We only made three goals this year, but they are big ones. I'll be updating monthly to show how well (or not so well!) we're doing.
Here's what we're working towards in 2010:
- Pay off my husband's car by the end of June. We owe $12,000 as of this writing.
- I want to earn $2500 from freelance jobs, side jobs, and/or other money making pursuits this year. The money will go towards the car or the house. Last year I exceeded my $1000 goal, so I want to kick it up a notch!
- Pay off at least $5000 of the principal of our mortgage. We hope to have the house paid off in full sometime in 2012.
What are your financial goals this year? Head over to Simple Mom and Money Saving Mom for inspiration!
2 comments:
Those are some great goals! Ambitious, but specific and I think you can do it!
Could you do a post specifically on your mortgage? I tried to dig back through the archives to figure out when you bought your house, the original balance of the mortgage, how much your roommate's rent helps you pay down the mortgage, and so on, but didn't find any details like that.
We bought our house in 2004 for $350K, with $80K down. We've only paid down about $10K of the principal so far, and I'm sure Bank of America loves us for that. We've been putting our extra money into retirement rather than paying off the mortgage, figuring that our retirement accounts will grow faster than the 5.375% we're paying on the mortgage. That is quite an assumption though; and it does sometimes give me an uneasy feeling to have a large chunk of debt, even with an equal chunk of savings.
What are you going to do once all your debt is paid off? Continue to live über frugally or start to let loose a little?
Post a Comment