Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spending Fast Update I

We've spent a bit much this month, so we're cutting it down for a month to try to even out our budget a bit!

So far, we've not eaten out a single time since we started out, which is pretty awesome for us. Eating out is our BIGGEST vice. We usually do it 2-3 times a week. This fast may be as good for our waistlines as our wallets!

I discovered a treasure trove of frozen veggies and berries in our chest freezer. Last night we enjoyed a rock star dinner of:

1. Pizza (peppers, onions, artichoke hearts are under the delicious cheese, all from the freezer/pantry!)
2. Salad (romaine, carrots, tomatoes- not from the freezer)
3. Berries- strawberries and blackberries layered in Irish coffee glasses (frozen berries).

Fairly healthy, delicious, and mostly from the freezer/pantry!

It can be done...with style! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

When my husband and I began limiting our eating out to once or twice a month instead of once or twice a week, we both lost a few pounds!

It also helped that I began limiting red-meat meals to once per week, eating a vegetarian meal at least once a week, and eating at school (I am a teacher) only once per week.