Welcome to my latest giveaway! This one is awesome! I was so pleased when Organically Grown contacted me. They are a baby and toddler clothes company that commits to organically grown cotton. Their stuff is just adorable- even if you don't have a baby or toddler in your life, head on over to their site just to squeeeee at the ADORABLE clothes!Organically Grown has generously given me one organic cotton item to give away to one lucky reader! I love this company- they have cute clothes and commit to being eco-friendly.
I'll let them explain their reasoning:
WHY ORGANIC?
As the awareness of the effect that pesticides and toxins have on the environment and individual health grows, more and more families are realizing the importance of choosing organic products. Making this choice is not only good for our earth; it is good for all of us. With your help, organic textile production will increase, becoming more of a standard in the clothing industry.
If you haven’t already, now is the time to choose organic fabrics for you and your family. Organic cotton has all the high quality, soft and cuddly texture with none of the harsh chemicals to irritate your child’s delicate skin. Our products are not only breathable and cuddly; they are also recyclable, renewable, and biodegradable. With products by ORGANICALLY GROWN, there is no need to compromise between your budget and your conscience. As well as being ECO-FRIENDLY, our clothes are AFFORDABLE and STYLISH.
To enter, leave a comment answering this question: "Why is wearing organic important to you?"
The winner will be randomly selected and contacted via e-mail. The giveaway will be open until 11:55 PM on Wednesday, 28!
8 comments:
I take my responsibility to steward the earth very seriously, and one of my preferred ways to do it is by avoiding contributing to the overload of pesticides in our environment when possible. Our kids wear only cotton, so affordable organic cotton clothing is good news to me!
with twin granbabies on the way, anything and everything pesticide free is looking more and more apealing to me!
May 8th I'm expecting my first child and after becoming pregnant my eyes have been open to many things, the need to stop wasting money, the need to change my families diet (now growing my first garden), and now the need to reduce my families carbon footprint so that when I'm gone my children will know that I did everything in my power to preserve this planet for thier sake as well as their children's.
I can deal with nonorganic for me, but I won't do that to a baby that does not have the immunity I have developed. Babies should be protected.
Since my 9 month old son first arrived I have been "greening" everything within my budget especially cloth diapering while home.
The clothes at this site are absolutely adorable and I think I have found myself a new clothing line for him. Like another poster commented, everything he wears is cotton and organic cotton is best :)
My baby has pretty bad allergies. We don't know why but we are doing everything from visiting a homeopath to changing my diet (since he is exclusivly breastfed). Orangic material agianst his skin is the best thing for him. We also use cloth diapers. I have to say though that money is tight in our family and eating right and buying organic items unfortunately is not always easy. We would love to win this item for our son.
I'm so glad I got back from vacation in time to enter! I like wearing organic because I am boggled by the amount of chemicals used to grow cotton. It's insane....
As a mom of three, and one that is special needs, I'm all the more worried about how chemicals are affecting my kids. I've given up using most household cleaners after not being able to pronounce what is in them. White vinegar usually cleans most things just as well as bleach and other chemicals would, and is perfectly safe (albeit disgusting) if a toddler decides to try tasting it.
I can't help but wonder if the increase of autism and other special needs, and severe allergies in children is somehow linked to all this increased chemical exposure nowadays. It's in the tap water, it's in most non-organic food, it's in the clothing.
And to the lady who's baby has allergies:
Try using a cup or two of vinegar in with the cloth diapers instead of bleaching them. It usually works just as well without all the chlorine.
Post a Comment