Savvy Blogging is OVER! I can hardly believe it. I met so many wonderful people and met the awesome sponsors!
I'm going to be processing what I learned there for quite awhile, but I did decide to do two things to my blog ASAP. One thing is to make it more of a business. I have earned money, posted on it, made good relationships with a PR rep or two, but it's all been flying by the seat of my pants for the most part! That has to change. There are also legal issues that I've never even considered that I need to pay attention to.
The next thing is that I plan to switch to Wordpress. I've been debating this for awhile- years even. I've avoided it because I have not wanted to pay. Blogger is FREE, and very easy to use, but WP has so many features that would make for a better blogging experience for both me and my readers. I think the time has finally come. This should not affect my readers in any way, but will be a big move for me!
I will be devoting the next few Monday Morning Mentions to the bloggers I met during the Summit. If nothing else, meeting actual people who know why blogging is so empowering was well worth the fee I paid to attend.
1 comment:
WP might have some not-free components--having to pay for a webhosting package and a domain name, plus perhaps a 'premium' theme--but what you gain in freedom is invaluable.
Have you ever read the Blogger fine print? Google basically owns your blog and content.
My hosting and other blog-related fees are a business expense and also contribute to making the blog seem more 'business' than 'hobby.'
You seem pretty web savvy compared to some folks who have successfully made the transition to WP. Once you move, you will probably wonder why you didn't do it sooner. You will love the flexibility to do anything you want.
Post a Comment