Home haircutting turned out to be remarkably easy! It took about ten minutes, with an additional five minutes of fixing up some areas that he wanted more hair taken off of. I think it looks mostly good, and I'm sure with practice I will be a pro in no time.
There was only one part where my husband's faith in my skills wavered:
Him: How's it going?
Me: Not so bad, I think. I just need to do this area again to take care of the stripes.
Him: Stripes?
The stripes got taken care of the next time I ran the clippers over it, as predicted. :) If I knew how to post pictures, I'd show off my mad skillz.
I wish I had taken this step years ago. This will save us about 150 dollars a year, and more if he learns how to cut mine.
2 comments:
I love it. I taught my dh to cut my hair years ago. He was really nervous at first. The trick is to get your hair cut in a simple style at a beauty shop or keep it long and pretty straight forward. Then dh just has to do a little trim to maintain the style. You may still have to visit the beauty parlor once or twice a year to keep your style looking the way you want it.
After a bad experience with me cutting dh's hair, which made him decide that he was very lucky he could wear a ball cap to work the following day, dh will not let me anywhere near his hair with the scissors. That was years ago. I have since learned to cut all 3 of my children's hair. I have graduated from clippers to sissors and comb for the boys, and I can do simple girl's hair cuts. (Dh still won't let me tackle his hair. LOL.)
It really does save us alot of money, and with kids it is less hassle than going to the beauty shop. My boys are 3 and 5. I can either let them watch a video while I cut (a big treat around here) or I can cut a little now and a little later if they get tired (read: squirmy).
It took me a good while to get comfy doing my DH's hair as well. I've been doing it for over 6 years now and never hesitate! (We just use a clippers and give him a buzzcut with a #2.) One big tip: But a new blade EVERY year (or close to it). They are expensive ($20 or so), but the difference in the cut is amazing. If you have a Sally Beauty, they have a club card that costs $5 or something, but you save that much on one blade. Be sure to buy the enxt one before the year's up and you will save on the second blade, too.
Post a Comment