Today's Works For Me Wednesday is all about cars!I keep a simple plastic grocery bag clipped to the cup holder as a garbage bag. It's amazing how much cleaner this has kept my car. All those little wrappers, pieces of paper that you somehow end up with, junk items that people put on your windshield...have a bag there and you won't have to dig out your back seat later!
Keeping a few magazines in the backseat has saved me from going insane during times when I have been stuck somewhere, waiting for a tow truck, early for an appointment, etc.
I used to keep a small overnight bag in the trunk when I commuted for grad school. I lived in Colorado at the time, where it was not unusual to start the day sunny and end the day with a blizzard. I had several people who I could stay with if I was not able to get home, and the overnight bag ensured that I would have something to sleep in, a toothbrush and something clean to wear the next day.
I also keep change in my back seat ashtray. I learned this from a friend who lives in a big city where you always have to pay for parking. I only keep nickels, dimes, and quarters there, since meters don't take pennies. I have never been without parking meter money since I started doing this. I'll also admit to using it as an emergency lunch money fund when I worked outside the home. There was usually enough in there to get a few items off the dollar menu. Hey, works for me!
1 comment:
Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! =)
Post a Comment