We keep our big dog food bag down in the basement, because it is an easy place to store it. But who wants to go downstairs twice a day for a measly cup of dog kibble? My solution? A 12 quart plastic box. We fill the box as needed, and we keep it upstairs in a kitchen cabinet. We even have a measuring cup that stays in the box, so we don't overfeed our sweet girl. No more going downstairs for food every day! It works for me!

2 comments:
Great idea! When we used to have cats, I'd buy the litter in those big huge buckets with the flip-top lid that doesn't come off. I washed one out and bleached it and after it was dry, it became our dog food container. It's very handy and I didn't pay extra for it! The price of the dog food storage containers at pet supply stores is ridiculous! Frugal is better.
Oh, no, Sarah is definitely cuter than Spot. And no, I didn't name him that; he came with that defect.
However, Cowgirl would give Sarah a run for her money. Except we shaved her for summer, and she's rather, um, baldy. Imagine a German Shepherd with lighter coloring on her back and a Chow ruff at the neck and a Chow curled-up tail. Then imagine that naked. I shudder to think.
We converted an old storage Rubbermaid when we finally unpacked (and decluttering began) for the same purpose. Including measuring cup. Luckily we're a one-story, so it takes no time to feed them poochies.
Post a Comment