Friday, December 14, 2007

Can Frugal Homemaker Save 3000?

A reader pointed out that she had not seen my savings-o-meter lately.  It is there- it just has been moved down a bit.  I wanted to report that we're doing very well on this- much better than I had ever hoped!  It looks like we will be able to do it, or at least get close enough.   We're very excited.

Here's some of the ways I've earned money for this challenge:
 
We put any overtime I earned in the fund.  I did TONS of overtime at my last job, so that helped.

I'm being paid more at this job, but until we reach our goal, we're pretending that I earn what I did at my last job.  I also get time and a half at this job for overtime.  I'm working less than I did at the last job, but have done a little overtime for the extra money.
 
Advertising on the blog has helped a little bit. 
 
There were some other small things I've done that I'll talk about in a later entry.  It's amazing to see how much a little bit here and there adds up. 

1 comment:

Suzanne A. Wells said...

I totally agree with you. All the little things add up. I am an eBay seller, but also write 3 blogs, have Google Adsense on them, sell advertising on them, submit articles to sites that pay for them, and some other internet "stuff." Yes, a little adds up over a year! You have to look at the big picture and how the cents can quickly become dollars when time is on your side!

Cheers~