Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wedding Season Approaches

Last year was The Year of The Wedding for me. By February, I was getting ready to be a bridesmaid in a few weddings. I attended so many beautiful ones (including my own sister's wedding!) with so many adorable things that it made me wish I could have another. There are so many adorable ideas that I just did not see in the year I got married, such as including the couple's photo on the wedding invitation.

Even if you're having the most frugal wedding known to mankind and can't afford $350 invitations, it is always fun to check out wedding websites and bridal magazines. At my wedding, we had fans for programs, an idea that my mother got from reading a Martha Stewart bridal magazine. Just because you know you are on a limited budget does not mean you can't gain inspiration from the professionals!

Of course, sometimes having professionals do things for your wedding can be worth the money. We had a budget of $5000, and did very well with it. We had a professional photographer, which was a non-negotiable for me. We were going to save money by catering it ourselves with trays from Safeway (who did a fabulous job with our cake!), but decided that not having to keep our eye out on the tray's food level and clean up afterwards was worth the money of having it catered. For you, the lion's share of your budget may go to having someone make inviatations with your engagement photographs and adorable save the date magnets. There is something for everybody out there- you just have to decide what is important to you on your wedding day.

No comments: