Happy Monday! I can't believe that it is already the last day of March. Time is flying this year. Here's what I've been reading this week:
The exceptionally well written Mental Multivitamin is not a frugality or personal finance blog, but she is the very essence of frugality in this post from her archives- spend your money on what you value most, and find cheaper ways to do the rest!
Meredith linked this first, but it's just too good not to mention as well- Anne Kroeker makes steel cut oats in her crockpot- without burning them to the side. Her double boiler method has me thinking about doing all kinds of things this way.
Like me, Crystal at MoneySavingMom lives in the dirt cheap Midwest, which makes it a bit easier to live on a dime. A reader asks how to deal with living on the not so cheap California coast. The comments are excellent.
Have a great week!
2 comments:
Thanks for the mention--and be sure to post about any successes you have with alternative double-boiler crockpot recipes!
Thanks for the link to the oatmeal method. I must have missed it when Meredith mentioned it, but I checked it out and think it's brilliant!
Post a Comment