Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kohl's Gift Cards

Did you get a $10 Kohl's gift card in the mail? I know that Anne Marie at Married to the Empire did, because her picture reminded me to dig out mine! I got nearly $66 worth of merchandise for $1.34 out of pocket by combining the card and Kohl's mega sales that are going on right now.



The skirt was $4.90, marked down from $50! Add heels, pantyhose and a jacket and I can wear it to work, or a more casual top and shoes, and it's everyday wear. I love basic pieces.

The oven mitts have been sorely needed for longer than I want to admit. We've had the same two since, er...college, and they are ratty and falling apart. These new ones will go with my yellow kitchen. They were about $2.50 each, marked down from $8 each.

$10 dollars did not seem like a lot when I saw the gift card, but combined with sales, it really went a long way.

5 comments:

Amiyrah said...

how did you manager to get a kohls gift card sent to you?

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Amiyrah,

I'm not sure. I get stuff from Kohl's in the mail. It's usually ads and sometimes coupons. Every now and then there is a 5 or 10 dollar gift card. I don't have a Kohl's card or anything, so I'm not sure how they decide to send stuff. It was addressed to "Resident."

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Around here, the Kohl's cards seem to come in the mail whenever they open a new store somewhere in the general area. Here in TX, we have tax-free weekend coming up this weekend, so that may be why they sent these cards out to us. We don't have a Kohls card or anything, either, so I think it just has to do with whatever promotion they're running at the time.

I suspect that if you've ever paid for stuff at Kohl's with a debit or credit card, that might also be how you get on their list.

Amy K. said...

We got one in the mail Tuesday, addressed to my fiance, though I'm the one who shops there! It's $10, and only good the 13th through the 23rd. The paper it was attached to was promoting their charge card and the extra 15% off you get with that, but it doesn't appear that I have to pay for the remainder of my purchase with a Kohls card to get the $10.

You got some great deals there!

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

That's right Amy, you DO NOT need a Kohl's card to use the gift card, although it does look like there are extra incentives if you do. I don't have a Kohl's card, so I paid my balance in cash. Happy shopping Amy! They have a lot of good deals there right now, I'm sure you'll find something great!