Monday, September 01, 2008

Monday Morning Mention

Happy Labor Day- Here's what I've been reading this week!

The Simple Dollar talks about staying productive no matter where you are. The advice is aimed at writers, but I could see it working for other work at home types.

It's back to school time already! Frugal Upstate talks about lunchbox planning.

Tammy asks if you try new recipes when you have guests for if you go for old standbys. I personally use old standbys- I've had enough new recipes go horribly awry to try it out on guests. A girl's gotta keep her 'good cook' reputation you know!

15 Minute Lunch made me laugh- and reminded me to stick my leftovers in the freezer if I was not going to eat them in the next day or so.

2 comments:

Naomi Haverland said...

The lunchbox planning was a good link. I always have trouble knowing what to pack in my sons lunch because it can't have peanuts (most public schools are peanut free zones now), and it can't be reheated. So usually I just have him buy lunch, since he can't eat a ham and cheese sandwich EVERY day. That site had some good ideas though. You got any other suggestions?

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Thanks for the link love-I had a lot of folks pop by.