Happy Monday. This has been one of the busiest weeks I've had in years, but I still had time to find some quality posts-enjoy!
Days to Come talks about kids and money. I do not have any children, but I am interested in how people teach their kids about money, especially since it seems like so many adults have little grasp on how debt works. I like her post because it goes far beyond the "Allowance: Should it be Tied to Chores or Not?" argument I've read so many times.
Short and sweet- $ out of 15 Cents asks if you could live on half your pay. Can you? If not, what kind of sacrifices would you have to make if your income were cut in half?
Sound Money Matters makes a case for frugality. Well said!
Broke Grad Student gives 10 tips to find free food in college. I've used most of those tips at one time or another! We did not get food at our thesis defense, but sometimes sandwiches would be brought in for staff meetings and leftovers were offered to the grad students. There was usually a stampede from the graduate offices to the staff room when this happened. Good times!
3 comments:
Thanks for the great links. I particularly loved the college food one. It brought back memories (cravings) and I totally had to go buy some cottage cheese.
I always look forward to your Monday Morning Mention. (I totally lifted your idea today, too, but that's only because I'm pressed for blogging time right now.)
The one about living on half your income is intriguing. It is sad to see the elderly struggling to get by. I think retirement is going to look very different for our generation in the future. Sadly, I don't think most people can live on half income. Too many fixed expenses that are too high, which is pretty much what got our country into this mess in the first place.
We could do it, but I think our monthly tithe would put us over that half. And it would still be tough. But I'm intrigued because I think we could do it if pressed.
Thank you!
Post a Comment