Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Product Review: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser



The friendly folks over at Mr. Clean sent me some of their Mr. Clean Magic Erasers with Fabreze to compare against A Leading Brand of cleanser. WOO HOO! I'm a sucker for cleaning products and an even bigger sucker for anything with the freshness of Fabreze, so I was excited.

They included some pre-grossened (is that even a word?) tiles in the package, which I further grossed up with chili and hot chocolate. I then let all that gunk sit for a few days.
The bleach based leading brand hardly got anything off, even with some decent scrubbing with a sponge. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser took it off in a few swipes, no problem!
I was so encouraged, I attacked my counter tops. There's an area by the sink that had a few rings that I'd been trying to scrub off for ages. I'd tried bleach based cleaners, my usual favorite Basic H, Pine-sol...nothing got it up.
Enter the Mr. Clean eraser! I'd heard that they were truly "magic" but I had to see it to believe it. Those rings were gone after three swipes.

Even after scrubbing the counters, the sample tiles, and pretty much everything else I could think of, the eraser was still intact. I have not even touched the second one yet, and am hopeful that they will last for awhile. Thanks, Mr. Clean!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the magic erasers. They are the only product that will clean the grime off my bathtub. They are also great for getting crayon off anything.

Anonymous said...

wow! i am impressed! i just received one of these babies in the mail and now i am anxious to use it! thanks!

momstheword said...

I heart Magic Erasers! I have used them on countless things and they are, well, "magic!" I even used them on shower door scum and to clean up a child's play kitchen for a yard sale.

Anonymous said...

I got a free sample of the eraser, and was in love. I love no idea what is in it, but it is, hands-down, amazing.

Allison