What to do when you're sick enough that moving seems crazy, but not so sick to not eat?
This is why I keep a stash of coupon scored Tuna Helper and canned soup. Last night we dined on these rare packaged treats. We're finally feeling better!
Cost breakdown:
Tuna Helper: .25- I wait for the 10 for $10 sales and combine double coupons to get these at this price. Even if your store does not double, you should be able to get them for far less than the full price- they go on sale every now and again.
Tuna: .25 cents. I stocked up on tuna during an incredible sale/coupons at Target many moons ago.
Milk- about .30 cents worth
Butter- about .25 cents worth
Organic microwave in bag mixed carrots and broccoli- $.49 (on manager markdown, combined with a coupon that had been mailed to me-score!)
Total: $1.54, or .51 cents a person, with leftovers.
4 comments:
Mr. Right likes hamburger helper so my MIL stocks us up every time they go on sale in her area. So that's free (plus the cost of chicken, or beef) for us :)
I hope you feel better soon. It's so hard to eat when you're not feeling well, let alone cook.
Sometimes we eat something like toast and applesauce, or chicken noodle soup, or salad, or pancakes. It just depends on how badly we feel.
Good idea. I always try to keep some packaged meals on hand for days like these, but they always seem to get eaten up on my mere lazy days!
I hope you feel better :) If you can stomach it, my cure is a spoonful of freshly pressed raw garlic - it's a natural antibiotic.
Allison
I'm sorry you're sick! I'm pregnant and in the beginning I had such terrible morning sickness that I couldn't bear to cook. We ate a lot of fast food. :-( Your method is definitely better!
Post a Comment