
Mmmm...enchiladas and Spanish rice. They're a fairly easy, if high fat treat.
Spinach Bean Enchaladas w/ Spanish RiceThe filling was pinto beans, frozen spinach, spices, and cheese.Cost breakdown:
Corn Tortillas- $2 for a pack of 30- we used 9 of them, so .54 cents
Pinto Beans- dried, from a $2 package. We used about .25 cents worth
Spinach- half a pack- .50 cents
Spices- about .05 cents worth between the rice and enchilada filling
Cheese- half of a $1.66 pack- .83 cents
brown rice- .50 cents worth
onion- I used half- .14 cents
green pepper- .44 cents
Oil (to soften the corn tortilla shells) - about .35 cents worth
Total: $3.55, or $1.18 a person. We had lots of filling and rice leftover, which we'll use in upcoming meals!
3 comments:
I love enchiladas! I've never seen a bean and spinach recipe before, so I look forward to trying that in the future.
A favorite meal around here is cheese enchiladas. Not only are they pretty easy to make, they're inexpensive, and they make great company food paired with black beans and salad.
Enchiladas are a favorite at our house. We usually do a combo of ground beef, refried beans and cheese with a creamy cheese sauce.
This looks great. What is the recipe though?
Post a Comment