Saturday, January 17, 2009

Super Savings Saturday

Behold- 37.58 worth of groceries, thanks to sales, coupons, and manager markdowns.

I shopped at two stores this week- Dillons (aka Kroger) and a local health food store.

I bought bulk organic steel cut oats and bulk organic flax seeds at the health store. I find that the health food store's general prices are expensive, but the bulk prices are often incredible!

Total this trip: $37.58
Total this Month: $160.31

Head over to Crystal's for more Super Savings Saturday!

5 comments:

Anna said...

I have a request :) Would you consider including your recipes, so that I could follow along in your frugal footsteps???

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I just discovered it recently and am really enjoying the series "Eating like Kings." Did I really read the manager's markdown sticker on the OJ correctly? $0.25?!? Wow, I am impressed. I love Kroger's markdowns, but I have never scored as good of a deal as that before - way to go!

Anonymous said...

Could you give me an idea on what to do with flax seeds, or how to cook with them? My mill has them for sale and I thought I'd try some.
Whitney

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Awesome. I am so jealous of those manager's markdowns.

Mrs. K said...

I just ran into your site- and really like it. Awesome deal- check out my blog when you get a chance:

Saving Money for a Wedding
http://savingmoneyforawedding.blogspot.com/