Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Morning Mention

Happy Monday! I hope everybody had a lovely Easter and is set up to have a fabulous week! Can you believe we're already halfway through the month?

The New Frugal Mom talks about planned expenses- and how hard it can be to let go of that money. We have a mighty big planned expense coming up in October or November, and I'm already feeling the freaked out feeling that Frugal Mom describes. :)

The State Library of Kansas has a neat wiki up about Thriving in Tough Times. It has information on employment, housing, finances, and more! It's Kansas specific, but some of the information could be universal. If you're in Kansas and facing serious issues that may require assistance, do not miss this website! If you're not in Kansas, it may be worth a search to check and see if your state has something similar.

Life as Mom has a great list of ways to streamline your life. Be sure to read both Part I and Part II- lots of great advice!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Thanks for a great blog, and the link about planned expenses. We too have an expense for which we've been saving for over a year, and are very excited about. I was surprised when I discovered the thought of writing the check makes me cringe....it is so fun to just know that $ is there. Was comforting to have company.