Thursday, June 23, 2005

About Me



-->
I’m Catherine! My husband and I love to be frugal and strive to be 100% debt free by 2012 , including (yes, including!) the mortgage. (Update- we met our goal in 2014! Keep reading...) Simplicity and frugality is our motto.

I became purposely frugal in 2002 so I could afford to live in my own studio apartment my senior year of college, and have been addicted to frugality ever since!
The need to be resourceful followed me into my marriage, where we started our life together with little cash but lots of big goals and determination.

We have never carried credit card debt, but we do have the last bit of my husband’s student loan to pay off,(Update on the student loan here!) plus the mortgage on our modest Wichita, KS home. (Update on the mortgage here!)

I get e-mails all the time that tell me that it’s impossible to pay off student loans in a timely matter. Friends warn me that it’s impossible to own a home free and clear before retirement. Society tells me that everybody carries credit card debt; it's impossible to live within your means, let alone below them!
We reject the idea of impossible and strive to ignore the naysayers and do it anyway. Even if we don't make our 2012 goal, we'll still be a lot closer than if we did not try at all.

We’re living like nobody else so that someday, we can live like nobody else! I welcome you to my blog and invite you to share our journey.