Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hey, E-bay works!

Well, my e-bay experiment was successful and I sold something. Wow! I don't really have that many other things that I want to sell, but it's nice to know how easy it is and that people will actually want your crayon shaped calculator/pencil box. I'm kind of kicking myself for getting rid of some similar small items that we Goodwilled when we left Colorado.

I've listed a bigger item- a David's Bridal bridesmaid dress that I never wore because the wedding was cancelled. David's does not take returns, which made me feel especially bad for the poor bride. Not only did her wedding get cancelled, (something that she did not want at all, of course) she also spent over 600 dollars on her stunning dress, and she never got to wear it. I like the David's dress- it is really pretty- but I know I'll never wear it.

Frugal tip of the day: It is not frugal to get lost. I spent nearly an hour driving around (as I later found out) the wrong side of town looking for our new doctor. I had printed out a yahoo map, but it was not very good and it led me to some roads that were closed/not there/one way etc. If only I'd had a map, I would have saved a lot of gas and time. Thank you to the lovely receptionist who talked me through this entire town!

No comments: